click: home page
Emergency Assistance

HEAP  (Home Energy Assistance Program):  Oneida County

If you can't afford to pay your home energy bill, your home may not be safe, and you may be at risk of serious illness or injury.  The Home Energy Assistance Program assists low-income households that pay a high proportion of their household income for home energy, primarily in meeting their immediate home energy needs. The HEAP program may be able to offer you one or more of the following types of assistance:  bill payment assistance; energy crisis assistance; weatherization and energy-related home repairs.

RESTORE (Residential Emergency Services to Offer Home Repairs to the Elderly):


Application and access to grants that provide emergency assistance for either arrears or first month's rent.  Payment is limited to one month payment.  Funds cannot be used for security deposits.




The goal of the Runaway and Homeless Youth Program is to ensure the safety of youth and help them to get off the streets, to reunite youth with their families whenever possible. The program serves youth up to age 21 years and their families. Services are free and confidential. Short-term residential services are provided via volunteer Host Family Homes or staff will work with youth on a non-residential basis. Other services offered include: Crisis Counseling; intervention; referrals to other agencies/services; advocacy with other agencies; prevention education; transportation when necessary and aftercare services. The program is in operation 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. The youth must call to initiate services, as the program is voluntary.  Call 315-624-9930.

RESTORE provides services to elderly homeowners with emergency reapirs to their homes.  Funding is provided by the New York State Housing Trust Fund Corporation's Office of Community Renewal and is available in both Oneida and Herkimer Counties.  To be eligible at least one of the homeowners must be 60 years of age or older and meet income eligibility requirements; the home must be their primary residence and the existing situation must pose a threat to the life, health or safety of the resident.  Types of repairs that will be considered are roofs, electrical, plumbing, furnace, tripping hazards, foundations, water problems, steps and handrails.  The maximum dollar figure that may be spent on one residence is $7,500.  For information and applications, please contact 624-9930.


mobius: click here