Executive Director, Amy Turner, CCAP
Deputy Director, Evon Ervin, CCAP
The mission of MVCAA is to increase awareness of the causes and conditions of poverty, forge a future of hope and equity, and strengthen families and communities.
Our community embodies the spirit of hope, equity and respect, and our families are strong, thriving and resilient.
- We believe that all people deserve the opportunity to be empowered and supported to succeed in life.
- We value diversity, the strength of inclusion and believe all people should be treated with dignity and respect.
- We ensure a more equitable society by building strong, resilient communities.
- We pledge to work collaboratively with community partners to help others and improve our results.
- We are committed to working as a team to embody the spirt of hope for the entire community.
- We are competent, compassionate and provide services where people feel valued, confident and hopeful.
MVCAA is a member of the National Community Action Partnership, which is the largest national organization representing the interests of CAAs and other private and public groups organized to fight poverty at the local level.
MVCAA is also a member of the New York State Community Action Association (NYSCAA) that is dedicated to the growth and education of Community Action Agencies in New York State to sustain their efforts in advocating and improving the lives of low-income New Yorkers.