Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
Senior Energy Auditor
Assess the energy, conservation, and rehabilitation needs of dwelling units, oversee the installation of materials following mandated guidelines, and address customer satisfaction issues to help low-income households save money, alleviate poverty, achieve self-sufficiency and/or improve living conditions.
- Educate customers on energy conservation measures.
- Perform energy and rehabilitation audits, react to emergency situations, and train new staff in same.
- Compile bid packages, order materials, monitor work progress, and inspect completed work according to contract guidelines of energy conservation and building rehabilitation programs.
- Inspect in-house and subcontracted furnace/HVAC and water heater work.
- Regularly inspect Agency rental properties.
- Address customer satisfaction issues with Agency production work or standards.
- Maintain costs for materials and labor, and coordinate funds from multiple sources.
- Maintain safe work-sites and practices, recognize problem areas, and report same.
- Use training, experience and initiative to implement measures on difficult projects, to coach and motivate crews on conduct of work scopes, and to supervise crew effectiveness.
- Track and maintain tools, materials, parts, inventory, etc. according to Agency policies.
- Perform routine cleaning/maintenance of vehicles and report safety/operability issues.
- Attend, participate in and/or conduct required internal and external trainings and tool box meetings and adhere to Agency policy regarding breaks, leave, tardiness and absences.
- Complete data/testing measurements and paper work correctly, neatly and on time.
- Maintain current NYS driver's license and adheres to the rules of the road.
- Follow directions of supervisory personnel and work cooperatively in conduct of job.
- Understand Agency mission to integrate services, recognize family needs, and make appropriate referrals for services which can help customers out of poverty.
- Treat customers with respect, flexibility, and professionalism; consider their input on problems.
- Treat co-workers with respect, flexibility, and professionalism.
- Be adaptable to change and Agency growth, and perform other duties requested by management.
- Experience performing energy audits or working in a position with closely related duties.
- Ability to organize, schedule, perform, supervise and assess work and crews.
- Detailed knowledge of energy conservation measures and appropriate BPI certifications.
- Clean, valid NYS drivers’ license and reliable transportation to and from MVCAA offices.
- Ability and desire to work as a member of a team or independently.
- Ability and desire to effectively communicate with co-workers, the general public and low-income families from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to comprehend basic forms and use various assessment/reporting software.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org