Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
Ilion CAAP Office, 38 Morgan St. Ilion, NY 13357
- $15 an hour
- Benefits included
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Greet visitors and answers telephone calls in an appropriate professional manner that creates a positive image for the agency while maintaining confidentiality. Plays a key role in the agency’s centralized intake through the database system. Provide intake, assessment, facilitated enrollment, and other assistance to families requesting services. Provides information and referral to related follow-up. Advocate for the rights of families and/or individuals. Identify resources for those who require special accommodation to access the enrollment process. Organize and clean the reception areas. Sort and distribute mail, and deliveries to appropriate personnel. Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience in customer service.
- Knowledgeable in telephone computer software (multi-line system, VOIP, Visual Voicemail, etc…).
- Ability to communicate with the public, especially low-income households.
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions, comprehend basic forms and reporting systems, keep accurate records.
- Knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Web-based programs.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must maintain workplace confidentiality. Ability to work well in a collaborative atmosphere.
- Willingness and ability to travel to different sites as needed.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to email@example.com
Please also complete the following forms and submit with completed application: