Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
Americorps VISTA Member
- The VISTAmember will use story telling as a conduit for giving voice to the people living in poverty thus inspiring community action and change.
- The VISTA member will develop strategies for interviewing, collecting, and archiving stories (from staff, families , and the community).
- The member will connect this work to larger agency systems that support data collection, marketing , communication and program development.
- The VISTA member will coordinate story telling activities with staff, agency advisories, families, and the community.
- Additionally the member will create quarterlyreports and identify new program initiatives for development.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Special Projects Coordinator.
- AAS in related field.
- Be comfortable with public speaking.
- Knowledge of and experience working with Community Resources.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Willing and able to travel to all sites, training, visits, etc. as necessary and requested.
- Ability to relate to people of varied backgrounds.
- Experience monitoring and assessing programs and data.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org