Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
Weatherization Program Director
Responsible for the day-to-day operations and administration of the Weatherization Assistance Program. Ensures all Program outcomes, as well as compliance with all regulatory measures. Oversees staff in the development and implementation of Agency energy conservation services and programs. Responsible for reports as required by the funding source.
- Prepares draft work plans and manages the implementation of approved plans, adheres to approved budget; applies sound fiscal procedures and authorizes expenditures for the Weatherization Program.
- Provides team leadership, coordination and supervision needed for the Weatherization Program to meet production and quality objectives;
- Coordinates field staff to ensure proper documentation of field procedures and adherence to Program and Agency Policy and Procedures.
- Maintains detailed project and program files, prepares periodic program reports and supporting information on program operations and production status as needed for effective management and compliance with funding contracts;
- Maintain all required certifications and ensure production/technical staff maintain all necessary certifications;
- Plans for and coordinates technical assistance and training for the Weatherization and other energy conservation field staff;
- Ensures that the Weatherization field staff, scheduling, training, equipment and safety functions meet Agency and funding source requirements; ensures that production/ technical staff adhere to requirements for annual physicals.
- Assist with the development of new energy conservation, housing repair/rehabilitation and/or housing rental/ownership programs.
- Plans and coordinates all Program work to fulfill contract requirements and to set and meet production targets;
- Work cooperatively to coordinate programs with other agency programs and senior staff.
- Represent Agency and Division in, and travel to, meetings, reviews and training sessions with funders, other agencies and/or partners.
- Work cooperatively with Housing Division Director to sustain the Agency’s understanding of, and capacity to engage in, industry-wide best practices, and develop corresponding training opportunities for staff.
- Oversee the development of energy conservation literature, program guides and agency applications, and ensure their distribution to target area residents;Assists with Program outreach and marketing of energy conservation Programs to the community and area residents;
- Ensure timely inventory of tools, equipment, vehicles and materials.
- Be adaptable to change and Agency growth and perform other duties as requested by managers.
- AAS in a business related field or 5 years experience in the energy conservation field and/or construction field.
- An understanding of the Agency’s commitment to the continuum of care and service integration.
- Strong management skills; ability to plan, structure, and administer programs;
- Current technical training and/ or certificates required by funding source and Agency;
- Demonstrated competence with process/methods improvement; ability to assist with expanding income and/or funding opportunities.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Experience working with low-income people.
- An understanding of rural and urban poverty and their associated issues.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org