Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
Rome, NY; Utica, NY
Provide case management services for enrolled families who are at risk. Work in partnership with enrolled families towards the goal of achieving their maximum potential by learning to recognize obstacles, finding resources, solving problems, and ultimately achieve long-term self sufficiency.
- Performs pre-screening and assessment activities; summarizes findings in files.
- Utilize assessment to identify barriers to success and outline plan of action.
- Assist families in monitoring progress toward goals and modification as needed.
- Maintains regular contact with assigned families, updates files.
- Maintains contacts with area service providers, keeps current with provider’s requirements.
- Refers families to resources, and advocates on family’s behalf. Facilitates family support groups.
- Commits agency resources to families exhibiting growth and progress.
- Participates in staff meetings, case conferences and training as requested by supervisor.
- Works in partnership with other programs to assist families in achieving their goals.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Understanding of low-income, poverty and diversity-related issues and the Agency’s commitment to the continuum of care and service integration.
- AA/AAS required. AA/AAS in Human Services with experience in human services, family development or related field preferred.
- Exceptional oral and written skills.
- Proven ability to develop partnerships with persons from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Proven problem-solving ability; self-motivated; ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal referral sources.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability and method to travel throughout Oneida County and the surrounding area.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org