Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
Nutrition Outreach Education Coordinator
The Nutrition Outreach and Education Coordinator is responsible for conducting eligibility prescreening, application assistance and dissemination of referrals to clients, following up with clients, and data tracking. The main focus is to increase participation in SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), School Breakfast Program, and the Summer Food Service Program.
• Provide pre-screening consultations, application assistance and follow-up to interested clients both in-person and over the phone.
• Providing updated and correct information about the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) through contact with low-income individuals
• Assisting in the completion of SNAP and other related food assistance applications, obtaining proper verification information.
• Offer home visit screenings as necessary when clients unable to meet at office location.
• Providing information and referral to individuals for services for which they may be eligible
• Utilizing computer technology and data tracking to promote Agency and outreach services through accurate and up-to-date information
• Maintaining information for each client in designated screening database
• Keep the Program leadership advised on unified community concerns and issues on a regular basis through scheduled meetings.
• Work cooperatively with other MVCAA programs and community agencies
• Provide community outreach and education through creating and placing SNAP literature in appropriate community locations, postings in local publications, attending applicable community events, and collaborating with community resources and agencies.
• Maintain functional knowledge of other local, state, and federal programs relating to low income individuals. Work with other human services agencies in order to create more effective flow of service in the community.
• Collaborate with local social services staff and human services agencies to identify and solution participation barriers.
• Attend and participate in hunger solution and coalition meetings.
• Participate in training programs which relate to job responsibilities.
• Educate the community about SNAP through direct outreach at numerous venues within Oneida and Madison county service area, including food pantries, grocery stores, libraries, health clinics, and fairs. This will require the ability to work flexible hours.
• Maintain close partnerships with agencies, arranging outreach events and providing trainings to agency staff/volunteers.
• Use technology including MS Excel, MS Word, and online database to conduct data entry and tracking.
• Support clients, ensuring applications are turned in on time.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the successful execution of theprogram
• Associates degrees (A.A.) or 3 years’ professional work experience in a human services related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of service area and available resources.
• Strong verbal and written communication, along with customer service skills.
• Ability to travel and work independently and proactively in a range of settings, both indoor and outdoor
• Ability to hold a flexible schedule
• Ability to responsibly handle sensitive client data, confidentiality is a must
• Ability to interact respectfully with diverse populations
• Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines essential.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Able to travel to all program sites, trainings, etc. as necessary and requested.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Access, Outlook
• Background check, fingerprint screen and annual physical and TB
• Valid NYS driver’s license and auto insurance
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to email@example.com