Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
Responsible for ensuring the Center exceeds Performance Standards and New York State Day Care Licensing according to the Child Development Philosophy.
- Oversees the coordination of all program components.
- Train, supervises staff, and evaluates staff
- Spends a minimum of 50% of time in classrooms; conducts classroom observations, offers support and guidance to classroom staff, ensures developmentally appropriate practice.
- Responsible for classroom staffing to ensure classroom ratios are met.
- Reviews and monitors files and paperwork.
- Participates in annual Self Assessment
- Attends meetings as required.
- Assesses equipment and materials needed.
- Manages and directs program activities at sites
- Serves as Building Liaison.
- Obtains and reports program In-kind.
- Adheres to Agency Personnel Policies
- Supports program School Readiness goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates commitment to mission, values and policies in the performance of daily duties.
- Understands and supports MVCAA, Inc. Supervision of Children policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Director or Supervisor.
- BS/BA in Early Childhood or related field w/ 12 credits of Early Childhood Coursework plus 1 year experience teaching in a Child Day Care program and 1 year experience supervising staff in a child care program or related field of work
- Familiar with the Child Development Program and NYS Day Care Regulations.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Willing and ability to travel throughout Oneida and Herkimer Counties.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Annual Physical Examinations.
- Ability to relate to people from varied backgrounds.
- Background check, fingerprint screen and annual physical and TB.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to email@example.com