Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
Family Support Specialist
This job posting is open to internal candidates only.
- Assess family for the purpose of determining eligibility and/or developing an action plan to remove barriers to their success.
- Utilize a strength-based approach with all families while challenging and supporting them to increase their self-sufficiency and tap into and develop their own resources and potential.
- Link families to appropriate services, helps set up appointments, and/or navigates the family through services.
- Reach out to families and the community for the purpose of recruitment and the education of the needs and services in the community.
- Maintain confidentiality of family records and information
- Maintain a variety of manual and electronic documents, files and records for the purpose of providing required information and/or documentation.
- Attend meetings and trainings as appropriate.
- Adhere to Agency Policies and procedures
- Other duties as necessary
- AA/AAS in Human Services with experience in human services preferred or as required by program
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the job
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Office, internet/email and standard office equipment
- Ability to relate to people of varied backgrounds
- Willing and able to travel; have reliable transportation
- Knowledge of local, state and federal referral sources
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Annual physical and TB test
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., climb a flight of stairs several times a day and get down on the floor and interact with children.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to email@example.com