Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
· Initiates new-hire benefits and changes of information by obtaining, verifying, and recording employee information and informing insurance agent of new or changed information.
· Acts as primary contact between Benefit Administrators and employees.
· Informs employees about benefits.
· Resolves employee questions and problems regarding benefits. Research benefit policies and procedures.
· Completes benefits billing by maintaining employee benefits database; preparing monthly reports detailing specific information to Division Directors; audits and reconciles vendor billing, third party billing and payroll deduction reports on a monthly basis.
· Retains historical reference of benefits accounts by maintaining benefits recordkeeping system.
· Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; obtaining qualified opinions; advising management on needed actions.
· Recommends benefits programs to management by studying employee requirements and trends and developments in benefits offered by other organizations.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
· Promote the Vision and value of Community Action
· As needed, screens applications and resumes. Sets up interviews. Implements hiring process.
· Answers routine inquiries from inside and outside the company on employment verifications, benefits claims processing, and job openings in line with written company policy on these matters.
· Maintains employment resumes, application forms, and applicant flow logs in line with policy. Places job orders with state job service and classified advertisements in local newspapers. Sorts responses and turns over to appropriate manager.
· Coordinate and maintain worker’s compensation and disability claims, as well as FMLA leave requests.
· Maintain OSHA accident log and prepare OSHA end of year reporting requirements.
· Prepares and files EEO-1 Form annually. Maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
· Performs other duties as requested by the Human Resources Director.
· BS/BA in the business field and one (1) year experience preferably in a human resource environment preferred.
· Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of benefits administration.
· Ability to keep abreast of Federal, State, and Local legal requirements.
· Ability to effectively collect and analyze data.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org