Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
The Coaching Specialist will work with and support the Child Development Leadership Team as well as Classroom Staff to ensure meeting or exceeding the Performance Standards and Best Practice in accordance with the Child Development Philosophy.
- In conjunction with the Child Services Team models a collaborative team approach that will mentor, train, and provide assistance to staff, using a strength based approach, to ensure they are receiving the necessary support to successfully implement the curriculum and foster developmentally appropriate practices that support high quality learning and school readiness.
- Provide opportunities for intensive coaching, if determined it is needed, including opportunities to be observed and receive feedback and modeling of effective teacher practices directly related to program performance goals.
- Coach will provide the staff not determined to need intensive coaching with other forms of research based professional development.
- Assists with planning and completing program special events.
- Covers in classrooms as needed.
- Participates in Annual self-assessment.
- Obtains and reports program In-kind.
- Conduct Individual and small group meetings to facilitate dialogue to support appropriate curriculum planning and implementation, on going assessment process, and how to individual curriculum.
- Assist with aggregating and analyzing various data to determine patterns, trends and improvement plans
- Obtain and distribute latest research based resources and materials
- Attends training and meetings as required.
- Prepare and present large and small group trainings
- Adheres to Agency Personnel Procedures.
- Supports program School Readiness goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates commitment to mission, values and policies in the performance of daily duties.
- Understands and supports MVCAA, Inc. Supervision of Children policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by members of the Child Development Leadership Team.
- Bachelor or Advanced degree in Early Childhood Education preferred or related field with early childhood coursework.
- Experience working in a classroom setting.
- Training and experience in adult learning and using assessment data to drive coaching strategies aligned with program performance goals.
- Ability to travel to all sites, and trainings as necessary and required
- Experience working in Word, Excel, and Microsoft Office.Able to perform basic computer literacy in email, word processing and internet navigation.
- Highly organized and accurate-attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Ability to maintain records
- Ability to relate to people from varied backgrounds.
- Background check, fingerprint screen and annual physical exam and TB
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., climb aflight of stairs several times a day and get down on the floor and interact with children
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to email@example.com