Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
Utica, NY & Rome, NY
- Responsible for promoting social interaction and the development of social skills.
- Work with schools, educators, social workers, doctors, community organizations, and local political leadership to advocate for the rights of children.
- Provide intake, assessment, mediation, case management, and other assistance to youth requesting services.
- Interact with youth during outings and afterschool programs, a role model for youth.
- Responsible for assessments, daily progress notes on customers, charting behavioral progress, transporting clients, facilitating group activities, and accessing additional help when required.
- Organize and Schedule activities at the shelter.
- Organize and schedule outings.
- Recruit youth for DDSO Program.
- Keep files up to date and complete files with all required documentation.
- Advocate for the rights of children, empower youth to advocate for themselves.
- Function as a team player, giving aid and assistance to co-workers, as needed. Inputs information to HMIS database system.
- Attends meetings and participates in training, as directed.
- Provide 24-hour service, on a rotating basis, after working hours through hotline phone (evenings, weekends, and holidays).
- Available to alleviate and mediate problems between youth.
- Ability to encourage open and trusting relationships and communications.
- Sensitive to the needs and feelings of homeless youth.
- Completes all documentation in files of assigned youth according to Federal and State regulations.
- Observes confidentiality according to Performance Standards and Agency Policy.
- Conduct recreation activities with groups in public, private, or volunteer agencies or recreation facilities.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Program Director.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to email@example.com
Please also complete the following forms and submit with completed application: