Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
- Develops and sets methods, deadlines, priorities, objectives, and assignments for the Housing Specialist positions.
- Required to have technical knowledge of program requirements by maintaining federal, state, and local regulations.
- Manages and coordinates training programs for housing staff relative to Federal regulatory provisions, governing operations, the Administrative Plan, Housing Quality Standards, etc.
- Must ensure staff is well trained and able to perform duties effectively.
- Review problem cases, grievances, and complaints and determines course of action in conjunction with the Program Manager.
- Ensures accuracy for data entry of Housing programs in CAPTAIN and individual Program databases.
- Works cooperatively with Program Manager to prepare and submit reports required by Agency, funding sources, and other partners.
- Supports the Agency’s efforts to integrate services, share data, link programs and objectives, and leverage funding opportunities.
- Adheres to approved budgets; applies sound fiscal procedures.
- Represents Agency and Division in, and travel to, meetings, reviews, and training sessions with funders, other agencies, and/or partners.
- Adapt to change and growth. Perform other duties requested by the Program Manager.
- This position requires technical knowledge of program rules and regulations and a high level of human relations skills.
- This position requires following and maintaining knowledge of federal, state, local, and HUD regulations, in addition to the Agencies’ policies and procedures.
- Adapt to change and growth. Perform other duties as assigned by Program Manager and Housing Division Director.
- Three (3) years of full-time experience working with housing programs, subsidized rental, property management, or other human service programs/agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse, low-income population and communicate effectively with a variety of clients, landlords, staff, and visitors in a variety of situations.
- Strong management skills and experience in administration responsibilities.
- Must be able to plan, organize and make sound judgments and decisions; performs basic mathematical operations with accuracy.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to email@example.com
Please also complete the following forms and submit with completed application: