Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
Accountant II (Accounts Receivable Payroll)
- Prepares various monthly and quarterly external reports to funding sources.
- Maintain agency accounts receivable.
- Prepare and process payroll.
- Preparation and maintenance of cash receipts.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations as assigned.
- Preparation of bank reconciliation for Section 8 towns.
- Preparation and processing of year end w-2’s.
- Prepare various journal entries and provide general ledger support.
- Assist in the essential responsibility for payroll or accounts payable when needed.
- Responsible for assisting staff with staying in compliance with the Fiscal Department policies and procedures.
- Assist in making recommendation for changes to the Accounting Policies Manual.
- Attend trainings and meetings as needed.
- Adheres to Agency Personnel Procedures.
- Promote the Vision and value of Community Action
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the successful execution of the program..
- High School Diploma with 1-3 years bookkeeping experience including payroll and ledger entries.
- Highly accurate and detailed and organized.
- Excellent skills using computer keyboard and calculator
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently.
- Able to work in team environment.
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Basic computer spreadsheet application knowledge.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to email@example.com
Please also complete the following forms and submit with completed application: