Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
- Analyze, repair, replace and install energy conservation measures/components according to work scopes, under contract deadlines, in compliance with codes and permits, and following industry standards such as Lead Safe Work Practices – and ensure crew members do likewise.
- Maintain a safe work-site, follow safe work practices, recognize work-site problem areas, report same to supervisor – and ensure crew members do likewise.
- Use training, experience and initiative to implement measures on difficult projects, to coach and motivate crew on conduct of job duties, and to supervise crew effectiveness.
- Track tools, materials, parts, inventory, etc. according to Agency policies and maintain them in good working order – and ensure crew members do likewise.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance of agency vehicles and report any issues affecting safety or operability – and ensure crew members do likewise.
- Attend and participate in required internal and external trainings and tool box meetings and adhere to Agency policy regarding breaks, leave, tardiness and absences.
- Complete data/testing measurements and paper work correctly, neatly and on time.
- Maintain current NYS driver's license and adheres to the rules of the road.
- Follow directions of supervisory personnel and work cooperatively in conduct of job duties.
- Understand Agency mission to integrate services, recognize family needs, and make appropriate referrals for services which can help customers out of poverty.
- Treat low-income customers with respect, flexibility, and professionalism and consider their input when solving problems – and ensure crew members do likewise.
- Treat co-workers with respect, flexibility, and professionalism.
- Be adaptable to change and Agency growth and perform other duties as requested by managers.
- One (1) to three (3) years experience in construction, energy, conservation, or related field.
- BPI certifications or ability to obtain in 1st year.
- Clean, valid NYS drivers’ license and reliable transportation to and from MVCAA offices.
- Knowledge of energy conservation measures.
- Ability to organize, schedule, perform and supervise work and crews.
- Ability and desire to work as a member of a team or independently.
- Ability and desire to effectively communicate with co-workers, the general public and low-income families from diverse backgrounds.
- Understanding of low-income, poverty and diversity-related issues and the Agency’s commitment to the continuum of care and service integration preferred.
- Ability to comprehend basic forms.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to email@example.com
Please also complete the following forms and submit with completed application: