Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
Annual Salary $50,000
This position is an Executive level position with the responsibility of leading the growth and overall development of the agency. The Grant Writer will work closely with the Executive Team, appropriate board committees and community partners to identify new opportunities for the agency that align with the mission and prepare the applications for funding. This may also include assisting with renewal applications of existing programs. This position will also assist in implementation of any new programs.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- Ability to do comprehensive planning on an area-wide basis.
- Working knowledge of federal/state and local programs for low-income families and individuals.
- Ability to relate to service area community and to the wider community.
- Working knowledge of computers and applicable software
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Performs other duties as requested by Supervisor.
- AAS, BS; study in the general areas of communication, leadership development or non-profit management with 2 years of experience in grant writing preferred or 6 years of experience related to this field.
- Ability to recognize and understand the causes of poverty and the conditional and environmental effects of poverty.
- Ability to research data applicable to project
- Enthusiastic and motivated.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Must have reliable transportation and a clean and valid NYS Driver’s License.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to email@example.com