Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
Utica NY, Oneida NY, & Canastota NY
The Cook is responsible for implementation of food services in a Head Start/Early Head Start program serving children ages 8 weeks – 5 years. Responsibilities include preparing attractive, USDA approved meals; keeping the kitchen and classroom areas clean and sanitary according to Health Department ordinances and maintaining food stocks, kitchen supplies, and nutrition records.
- Responsible for preparing nutritional meals that take into consideration children’s various cultures and individual nutritional needs while adhering to classroom schedule.
- Understands and uses child nutritional needs and age-specific portion sizes to prepare meals in accordance with USDA, Head Start and CACFP guidelines.
- Understands and strictly adheres to health, safety, food handling and sanitation requirements before, during and after meal preparation.
- Follows menu guidelines and adjusts when necessary due to an availability of menu items or an individual child’s needs.
- Plan and participate in nutritious cooking activities with children.
- Prepare and participate in family-style meals with children, volunteers and staff.
- Maintain nutrition record-keeping and reporting as directed by the Nutrition Manager.
- Review food and supplies order sheets.
- Store food and supplies properly.
- Monitor and maintain proper food temperatures.
- Maintain appropriate cleanliness of all kitchen materials and supplies as requested.
- Maintain and be aware of the children’s allergies and concerns.
- Assist in food delivery to classrooms.
- Supports programs School Readiness goals and objectives.
- Understands, generates and documents in-kind and other allowable costs toward the non-federal share requirement.
- Demonstrates commitment to mission, values and policies in the performance of daily duties.
- Understands and supports MVCAA, Inc. Supervision of Children policy.
- Participates in annual program self assessment.
- Secures substitutes for all absences.
- Adheres to agency personnel policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the successful execution of the program.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Basic literacy skills
- Basic computer literacy skills
- Ability to lift and move heavy and/or bulky objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Driver's License Required
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Background check, fingerprint clearance and annual physical and TB.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org