Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
Early Childhood Behavior Specialist
The Early Childhood Behavior Specialist will support the Special Services Manager and Mental Health Consultant with meeting and exceeding Performance Standards and providing support to Teachers and Families of children who exhibit challenging behaviors.
- Reviews and provides feedback to Teachers on Challenging Behavior Incident Reports
- Schedules and participates in case reviews for any child who has 5 or more Incident Reports related to his/her behavior in a 1 month period
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle emotionally charged situations
- Strong knowledge of a variety of classroom management strategies
- Ability to present to large and small groups to conduct workshops and trainings
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively with staff, parents and professionals within the community
- Work cooperatively with MVCAA staff and the Mental Health Consultant to support children with challenging behaviors and their families
- Supports and assists with the monitoring of behavior plans that have been established by the Mental Health Consultant
- Knowledgeable of community resources related to mental health for children and families
- Assists with data entry, collection and analysis
- Supports program School Readiness goals and objectives.
- Attends Committee on Special Education Meetings as appropriate
- Understands, generates and documents in-kind and other allowable costs applied toward the non-federal share requirement.
- Adheres to agency personnel policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the successful execution of the program.
- 4 year degree in Child Life or Early Childhood Education preferred or 2 year degree in Early Childhood Education with a minimum of 3 years experience
- Good communication and advocacy skills.
- Willing and able to travel to all Head Start sites, trainings, visits, etc. as necessary and requested.
- Background check, fingerprint clearance and annual physical exam and TB.
- Ability to relate to people from varied backgrounds.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org