Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
• Knowledge with federal regulations governing the Section 8 Voucher, Family Self Sufficiency, and Family Unification Programs, including any and all statutory amendments published in the Federal Register and/or regulatory rules published in the HUD General Notices. Or willingness to learn.
• Maintains and implements forms and/or procedures covering current program regulations as enacted by HUD. Calculation of eligible assistance, and Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) contract.
• Performs initial/recertification of eligibility interviews (briefing) with prospective tenants and landlords.
• Certifies new program participants and recertifies existing program participants on a timely basis.
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date records.
• Prepares calculations for computer input as required.
• Maintains and updates all computerized program statistical reports, computerized forms, and correspondence.
• Links families to appropriate Social Service Agencies & Community resources. Providing information & referral services to applicants and participants.
• Maintains computerized wait lists on behalf of the Public Housing Authorities, and reviews preliminary applications.
• Inspects and evaluates housing unit to ensure existing conditions conform to the minimum Housing Quality Standards required by HUD.
• Promote the Vision and value of Community Action
• Assist with developing strategies to integrate all services of MVCAA.
Performs other duties as necessary.
• High School Diploma
• Need to obtain a HQS Inspection Certification with in the first year.
• Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, the general public and low-income families from diverse backgrounds.
• Understanding of low-income, poverty and diversity-related issues and the Agency’s commitment to the continuum care and service integration.
• Valid NYS Drivers License, Reliable transportation to and from MVCAA agency offices, and Home Inspections.
• Must be physically able to perform the duties of the job.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to email@example.com