Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
Housing Office Assistant
• Provide customers, during phone calls and walk-in appointments, with information, applications and application assistance for all relevant Housing programs.
• Educate customers about Agency Housing services, eligibility and commitment to a continuum of care.
• Conduct outreach for Division and Agency programs.
• Process and manage applications, purchase orders, invoices, priority applications and wait lists.
• Input and maintain customer information in Agency/Division data systems.
• Assist with efficient and effective management of Division records.
• Track and report agency inventory.
• Manage upkeep of and track equipment, computer systems, supplies, etc. according to Agency policies.
• Perform routine upkeep of work space and report any issues affecting safety.
• Attend and participate in required internal and external trainings, production meetings and adhere to Agency policy regarding breaks, leave, tardiness and absences.
• Complete all paper work correctly, neatly and on time.
• Follow directions of supervisory personnel and work cooperatively in conduct of job duties.
• Understand Agency mission to integrate services and continuum of care, recognize family needs, and make appropriate referrals for services which can help customers out of poverty.
• Treat customers with respect, flexibility, and professionalism and consider their input when solving problems.
• Treat co-workers with respect, flexibility, and professionalism.
• Be adaptable to change and Agency growth and perform other duties as requested by managers.
• Knowledge of computer software, especially Microsoft Office – primarily Word and Excel.
• Strong Written & Oral Communication skills.
• Knowledge of Weatherization and EmPower New York guidelines and application processes preferred.
• Ability and desire to work as a member of a team or independently.
• Ability and desire to effectively communicate with co-workers, the general public and low-income families from diverse backgrounds.
• Understanding of low-income, poverty and diversity-related issues and the Agency’s commitment to the continuum of care and service integration preferred.
• Reliable transportation to and from MVCAA agency offices.
• Ability to lift 25 pounds.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also complete the following forms and submit with completed application: