Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
Food Service Assistant
Support the Health and Nutrition Component through the coordination of purchases, deliveries and monitoring inventory of all food and paper supplies for the Child Development program.
- Assists Nutrition Manager with selecting vendors, assess vendor capabilities, develop alternate sources and evaluate vendor performance, negotiate price and delivery while ensuring quality and suitability of products/purchases.
- Maintain vendor lists.
- Assists the Nutrition Manager with the aggregation of nutrition related program data.
- Coordinate purchasing details with vendor including pricing revisions, order cancellation, discontinued items, acceptable substitutions, delivery date revisions and invoice discrepancies.
- Maintain/update list of supplies and cost as needed.
- Plan, develop and coordinate all food and consumable purchases.
- Monitor, reorder and purchase items needed for inventory replenishment.
- Review requisitions for accuracy and completeness.
- Inspect merchandise for quality and reject items that do not meet specifications.
- Take corrective action to expedite late, incomplete or defective deliveries.
- Plan, organize, direct and review the delivery process.
- Specialist is responsible for building and maintaining positive working relationships with team members, internal customers and external vendors.
- Supports program School Readiness goals and objectives.
- Understands, generates and documents in-kind and other allowable costs applied toward the non-federal share requirement.
- Adheres to agency personnel policies and procedures.
- Supports the Nutrition Manager to meet and/or exceed all CACFP regulations by conducting on-site reviews and assisting with all required paperwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the successful execution of the program.
- High School Diploma required, AAS or BA degree preferred
- Able to manage and operate large scale warehouse
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledgeable of CACFP regulations and Head Start Performance Standards preferred.
- Driver’s license (in good standing) required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Access, Outlook
- Background check, fingerprint screen and annual physical and TB.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org