Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
- Provide USDA and related training to direct service staff and parents, including policies and procedures, nutrition, meal patterns, minimum portion size, sanitation, record keeping, safety and health standards.
- Responsible for the direct supervision, including hiring, training and evaluation of nutrition staff and substitutes.
- Responsible for planning, assigning and monitoring of work schedules for nutrition staff on a daily basis.
- Plans and monitors routine cleaning and maintenance schedules for the kitchens and kitchen equipment.
- Ensures that safety, sanitation and health standards are met by nutrition staff.
- Performs site visits and monitors visits three times per year to each classroom. ( evaluate based on USDA and Head Start Performance Standards)
- Collaborates with Health and Dietary Consultants in the provision of nutrition education for parents and staff.
- Responsible for annual review and revision of Nutrition Integrated Service Plan.
- Develop and monitor contract with CACFP and food service contracts with school districts.
- Analyze food budget monthly and initiate cost controls as appropriate.
- Respond efficiently and appropriately to unexpected staff shortages, equipment malfunctions etc, while maintaining meal scheduling.
- Plan, develop and edit menus in consultation with the Dietary Consultant as needed.
- Produce menus including nutrition information in multiple languages. ( Meeting the needs of families enrolled)
- Assist Dietary Consultant in development of recipes to accommodate Individualized Health Plans which include dietary modifications.
- Ensure completion and submission of all relevant USDA/CACFP forms.
- Manager is responsible for building and maintaining positive working relationships with team members, internal customers and external vendors.
- Understands, generates and documents in-kind and other allowable costs applied toward the non-federal share requirement.
- Supports program School Readiness goals and objectives.
- Adheres to agency personnel policies and procedures.
- Attends trainings as required.
- Demonstrates commitment to mission, values and policies in the performance of daily duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the successful execution of the program
- BA/BS, or advanced degree, preferably related to Nutrition or Health and Human Services
- Experience in supervision of a large scale food production operation meeting USDA Child Care Food Program standards, including hiring, supervision and training experience, preferred
- Experience in menu planning including meeting needs of diverse populations and special diets
- Knowledge of sanitation and health standards required in a large scale food preparation environment
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines essential.
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Able to travel to all program sites, trainings, etc. as necessary and requested.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Access, Outlook
- Background check, fingerprint screen and annual physical and TB
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also complete the following forms and submit with completed application: