Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
Responsible for the day-to-day operational and administrative functions of the Agency Facilities maintenance staff and ensuring all Agency building projects are completed on time, within budget and meet high quality standards.
- Responsible for ongoing monitoring and assessment of quality of all Agency buildings, including kitchens and playgrounds.
- Ensure all current and future sites are in compliance with local, State and/ or federal building codes and regulations.
- Schedule and provide routine and/or emergency repairs and maintenance of facilities, grounds, equipment, remodels and installations.
- Oversee proper and timely operation of support services such as transporting office equipment/furnishings related to staffing changes, re-locations and expansion of facilities and training or event set-ups.
- Oversee project procurement; negotiate contracts to optimize delivery and cost savings; issue all necessary and appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of agreement).
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
- Prepare and coordinate job bids, repair costs, estimates and meet with contractors/engineers/ Code officers when required.
- Manage facility construction projects, renovations and playground development; manage contractor and vendor relationships.
- Manage and review service contracts to ensure facility management needs are being met.
- Responsible for oversight and direction of Facilities Manager and Facilities maintenance staff.
- Responsible for maintaining, collecting and packaging all licensing and re-licensing data.
- Adhere to Agency Personnel Procedures.
- Attend training and staff meetings as required.
- Demonstrate commitment to Agency’s mission, values and policies in the performance of daily duties.
- Understand and support MVCAA, Inc. Supervision of Children policy.
- BA in Business related field or 4 years experience working in a construction related field, preferred.
- Be adaptable to change and Agency growth and perform other duties as requested by managers.
- Implement best practice processes to increase efficiency.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Housing Director.
- Respond to on-call after hours facilities and maintenance emergencies.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Strong knowledge of construction and local, State and/ or federal building Code.
- Strong knowledge and skill in repair and maintenance of equipment, plumbing, electrical, furniture, fixtures, facilities systems, grounds and structures and use of tools common to the trades.
- Ability to prepare bids and project management, with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to read and follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to lift 40lbs.
- Willing and able to travel to all sites, training, visits, etc. as necessary and requested.
- Ability to relate to people of varied backgrounds.
- Computer skills.
- Knowledge of Child Development and New York State licensing requirements.
- CPS Clearance.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org