Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
Immediate Job Openings: Canastota, NY; Herkimer, NY; Oneida, NY; Sauquoit, NY; Rome, NY & Utica, NY
The Classroom Aide will work collaboratively with the classroom team, parent(s)/guardian(s) and volunteers to ensure the successful operation of the classroom to implement the curriculum to achieve outcomes for children. Assumes the role of the Assistant Teacher in his/her absence.
- Provide direct and competent supervision to ensure the safety and security of children at all times in accordance with Head Start, NY State Office of Children and Families regulations in the classroom, during outdoor experiences and field trips.
- Ensures that the classroom and outdoor area is in compliance with NYSOCFS Regulations and Performance Standards.
- Establish positive, trustworthy, and productive relationships with children and families.
- Attends to the physical needs of the children (diapering, toileting, feeding, resting, rocking and holding children).
- Completes daily health checks on all children.
- Maintains a fully stocked first aid kit.
- Conducts health screenings for each child within 45 days of entrance into the program and completes any necessary follow-up as needed.
- Completes heights and weights within 45 days of entrance into the program and at 2 additional designated times in the program year.
- Ensures each child has a current physical and dental, and is up to date on immunizations.
- Assists families with securing medical and dental homes, and provides referrals as needed.
- Maintains accurate health files for each child.
- Completes monthly health paperwork and submits to designee monthly.
- Assists with providing the children with a consistent classroom routine in accordance with the Creative Curriculum.
- Responsible to have effective interactions with children in accordance with the CLASS observation tool (Head Start classrooms only).
- Supports children in progression of School Readiness goals and objectives.
- Assists the Teacher with collecting and recording children’s progress to complete accurate assessments and individualize curriculum.
- Addresses challenging behaviors by observing to determine the possible causes and implementing preventive developmentally appropriate measures.
- Participates in family style meals with the children as a curriculum activity, to model good nutrition and proper social skills for preschool children.
- Encourage and identify parents/guardians wanting to volunteer in the classroom, work as substitutes or in other volunteer activities to the Human Resource office.
- Secures substitute for all absences.
- Completes custodial duties not provided by the lease agreement.
- Understands, generates and documents in-kind and other allowable costs toward the non-federal share requirement.
- Demonstrates commitment to mission, values and policies in the performance of daily duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the successful execution of the program.
- A current Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) Or Associate, Bachelor or advance degree in any area
- OR the ability to obtain a CDA or Advanced degree within 2 years of hire.
- Ability to travel to all sites, trainings and home visits as necessary and required
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Adheres to agency personnel policies and procedures
- Attends trainings and meetings as required
- Ability to maintain records
- Basic computer literacy in email, word processing and internet navigation
- Knowledge and experience working with families and children with low income and diverse cultures
- Background check, fingerprint screen and annual physical exam and TB
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., climb a flight of stairs several times a day and get down on the floor and interact with children
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org