Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
Facilities / Maintenance Assistant
Maintain all MVCAA Facilities so that they are in good condition to ensure MVCAA families are healthy and safe.
- Daily clean all entrances, inside and outside, and sweep stairways.
- Daily clean and disinfect all bathrooms. Maintain paper towel and toilet dispensers.
- Daily empty wastebaskets and inspect premises for spills, spots and stains, including kitchen area.
- Daily spot clean, sweep and wet mop offices and common areas.
- Order necessary supplies when supplies are low.
- Twice weekly vacuum all carpeted rooms.
- Twice weekly dust all surface areas (windows, tables, desks). Do not disturb any paper or items on desks.
- Annually strip and re-wax floors. Supports program School Readiness goals and objectives.
- Moving and assisting in transportation of furniture and equipment.
- Ability to use efficiently, small power and hand tools
- Help keep entranceways clean of snow and ice.
- Repair items in building - as able.
- Mow all outside grass areas as needed.
- Serve as an emergency contact when building is closed.
- Demonstrates commitment to mission, values and policies in the performance of daily duties.
- Understands and supports MVCAA, Inc. Supervision of Children policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure compliance with Head Start Program Performance Standards, Child Care Licensing Regulations, and NYS Office of Children and Family Services and all Local and State Laws.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to relate to people of varied backgrounds
- Communicate efficiently and fluently in both written and oral form
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org