Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
9882 River Road, Utica
The IT Specialist provides support to the IT Manager to ensure the optimal operation of agency-wide IT resources, policies and training, with an emphasis on the agency’s IT Help Desk system and Inventory Management System.
- Maintain and manage the agency’s IT Help Desk system, including assigning, monitoring, closing, and reporting of Help Tickets.
- Assign tickets and monitor work for the IT Assistant and contractor personnel, in coordination with the IT Manager
- Implement and maintain a database of equipment, software, and licenses, including location, department, and service history.
- Maintain, repair, and upgrade computer and phone systems at all locations, including workstations, laptops, routers, printers, servers, telephones, cabling, etc.
- Assist with purchase of new IT assets
- Assist with installation and evaluation of software and licenses.
- Provide training on devices, software, etc. to staff, as appropriate.
- Adhere to policies and best practices related to agency-wide networked computer system.
- Performs other duties as requested by the IT Manager.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline, or equivalent training/experience.
- Must have working knowledge of computers, networked systems, and Help Desk functions in a business environment.
- Must have 2-5 years’ experience in computer maintenance and repair, plus up to date working knowledge of computers/technology and recent software applications.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with adults in training settings.
- Reliable transportation method and ability to travel for support, training, etc.
- Valid NYS driver’s license; ability to travel within the MVCAA service area.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also complete the following forms and submit with completed application: