Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
- Responsible for the overall supervision and administration of the agency’s housing programs. Supervise staff as assigned and ensure compliance with various funding sources.
- Coordinate the various agencies’ housing programs in alignment with the agency strategic plan.
- Integrate housing services with other agency programs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with funding sources, community leaders, other housing organizations as necessary.
- Research, plan and coordinate the growth and future development of housing initiatives for the agency.
- Work cooperatively with the Executive Team.
- Prepare and submit all appropriate reports to the agency’s Board of Directors.
- Support the members of the governing body, policy council and advisory committees in making informed decisions about program plans by providing accurate and timely information about the program requirements (when necessary).
- Prepare annual budget for approval incorporating all housing funding sources.
- Promote the agency by communicating its philosophy, mission, and services to staff, families and the community and supporting staff to do the same.
- Serve as a role model to staff and families by following and exhibiting sound practices (e.g. communicating positively and understand and accepting cultural differences).
- Promote a collaborative, productive working environment by following established communication protocols, clearly articulating expectations, outcomes and timelines, and using conflict resolution skills when necessary.
- Assist in expanding the funding base by staying informed of state, local, and foundation funding opportunities, participate in the development of funding applications, and tapping new sources of non-federal share.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Executive/Deputy Director.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in administration responsibilities.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities.
- Familiar with state and federally funded housing/energy related/weatherization programs including CSBG, HCR, NYSERDA, related Certifications, and Section 8.
- Understanding of poverty
- Ability to plan and structure new and diversified methods to generate unrestricted income beyond present funding sources.
- B. S. in Business or related field or five (5) years experience in a related field
- Working Computer experience/knowledge.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to email@example.com