Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
Early Head Start Home Visitor
The Early Head Start Home Visitor develops and maintains supportive strength based, culturally sensitive relationships with children and families by providing education and support through weekly home visits and bi-weekly group socializations. The Early Head Start Home Visitor works in partnership with enrolled families toward the goal of achieving the child and family’s maximum potential by learning to recognize strength, obstacles, finding resources, solving problems, and ultimately achieving long-term self-sufficiency.
- Establish positive, trustworthy, and productive relationships with children and families.
- Supports parent’s in their role as primary caregivers and educators.
- Maintains a caseload of 12 families and completes on-going Program recruitment.
- Works with the Family to create a Family Partnership Agreement that defines the individualized focus for each enrolled child and family. Through this process, parents are integrally involved in determining the goals and experiences that comprise their child’s curriculum, and in identifying goals for themselves that best support their healthy development and self-sufficiency.
- Completes Family Assessments at 3 points during the year.
- Responsible for completion of developmental, behavioral and health screenings on all children within 45 days of child’s entrance into program, utilizing results for individualized planning and referrals as needed.
- Engage families in weekly, 90 minute home visits where parents can work on their parenting skills as well as enhancing their knowledge of how to use their home as the child’s primary learning environment. These visits are jointly planned by the home visitor and parents.
- Over the course of each month, the home visits must contain all elements of the Head Start program components. The Home Visitor will serve as a referral resource and support families in their connections to peers and within the community.
- The Home Visitor will encourage Parent involvement with committees and Policy Council to promote the parent’s role in advocacy and leadership.
- Facilitate 2 group socializations each month focusing on activities for both the child and parents, with the intent of emphasizing group peer interaction through age appropriate activities in a classroom, community facility, or on a field trip.
- Implements a child-centered, developmentally appropriate curriculum and learning environment that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement in learning, and self-motivation to promote children’s development.
- Responsible for development and implementation of lesson plans for group socializations in cooperation with parents/guardians. Display plans for parents, volunteers and visitors in the classroom.
- Ensures that the classroom and outdoor area (socialization location) is in compliance with NYSOCFS Regulations and Performance Standards for all socializations.
- Responsible for working in partnership with parents/guardians to develop an individual plan for each child including goal setting based on identified needs and activities to meet established child outcomes, integrating Individual Family Service Plans (IFSP’s) for children with disabilities as appropriate.
- Supports children in progression of School Readiness goals and objectives and engage parents in process.
- Collects and records children’s progress to complete accurate assessments and individualize curriculum.
- Responsible for accurate completion of individual children’s assessments at 4 points in the year through the use of individual documentation collected and parent input.
- Analyze classroom level child outcome data report and implement a plan to promote greater outcomes for children in partnership with parent(s)/guardian(s).
- With parent engagement, develop weekly homework activities to promote learning opportunities in the home that support children’s individual goals.
- Addresses challenging behaviors by observing to determine the possible causes of the behavior, implementing preventive developmentally appropriate measures, supporting the child by teaching new social and communication skills and partnering with families to support the child at home.
- Supports families with transition planning, respects families' need for thought and attention paid to movements across program options and into—and out of—Early Head Start programs.
- Completes custodial duties not provided by the lease agreement.
- Understands, generates and documents in-kind and other allowable costs toward the non-federal share requirement.
- Demonstrates commitment to mission, values and policies in the performance of daily duties.
- Understands, follows and supports MVCAA, Inc. Supervision of Children policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the successful execution of the program.
- Preferred: a Two (2) year degree in Early Childhood Education plus one (1) year specific training and/or experience in infant/toddler; or
- Home-based CDA or comparable credential; or equivalent coursework of a CDA as part of an associate’s or bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to travel to all sites, trainings and home visits as necessary and required
- Good written and oral communication skills. Basic computer skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Adheres to agency personnel policies and procedures. Attends trainings and meetings as required
- Knowledge and experience working with families and children with low income and diverse cultures
- Background check, fingerprint screen and annual physical exam and TB
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., climb a flight of stairs several times a day and get down on the floor and interact with children.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to email@example.com