Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
The Youth Specialist monitors and responds to the physical and emotional safety needs of Youth and is responsible for the supervision of the staff and Youth during program hours. Provides services needed for youth to move into and maintain self-sufficiency.
- Work with populations specific to grant requirements.
- Recruit youth in Oneida County that have challenges and/ or encountered barriers towards a productive and self-sufficient lifestyle.
- Provide appropriate presentations to groups, clubs, civic organizations throughout the target area regarding the agency’s mission and related activities.
- Ability to encourage open and trusting relationships and communications.
- Facilitate new partnerships in the community to provide a network of support for families
- Ensure that files and databases are being kept up to date, accurate and complete.%u25AA Promote awareness of the issues of poverty.
- Report to the Board of Directors as required.
- Observes confidentiality according to Performance Standard and Agency policy.
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Program Director.
- AAS in Human Services related field or equivalent experience.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and adjust to changing priorities and deadlines
- Computer software skills
- Initiative, creativity, reliability, flexibility, thoroughness
- Effective solution-focused problem-solving skills and ability to make independent decisions when warranted.
- Professional and effective oral and written communication skills
- High integrity when dealing with a broad array of cultures and confidential information
- Must pass all criminal history background checks and an annual physical.
- First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also complete the following forms and submit with completed application: