Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
Utica, NY, Rome, NY, & Ilion, NY
Provide a direct link between the low-income population and the various services available to assist in alleviating problems of poverty.
- Provide intake, assessment, facilitated enrollment and other assistance to families requesting services.
- Advocate for the rights of low-income families and/or individuals.
- Provides information and referral to related follow-up.
- Plays key role in agency’s Centralized intake through database system.
- Works in coordination with other MVCAA programs, makes referrals or takes applications for direct services offered by the Agency.
- Conduct outreach and community education programs.
- Attends meetings and participates in trainings, as directed.
- Researches rules and regulations pertinent to programs and services for low-income families and individuals.
- Submits written reports and records as required.
- Observes confidentiality according to Performance Standards and Agency Policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Program Director/ Manager.
- AAS in Human Services with three years experience in related field preferred.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate with the public and low-income families and individuals.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products, computer literate.
- Ability to read and write English, comprehend basic forms and reporting systems, do simple arithmetic and keep accurate records.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Exercise good judgment.
- Basic knowledge of community resources in county of assignment.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org