Are you looking for a career that will make a difference in the lives of families in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties?
MVCAA is currently recruiting individuals to work with at risk youth, preschool age children and their families Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. (MVCAA) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MVCAA Offers a Generous Benefit Package!
Community Engagement Director
- Supervise Community Engagement Staff.
- Develop and conduct trainings and activities within the community; i.e., poverty symposium; poverty simulations; Bridges Out of Poverty; Getting Ahead; etc.
- Coordinate Agency activities with partner organizations.
- Develop, monitor and coordinate all Agency program work plans and submit required reports.
- Maintain good working relationship with community organizations and outside agencies, including local government offices. Keeps current with all local, state, and federal regulations which pertain to the Agency.
- Oversee Advisory Boards, including recruitment of members, establishment of agendas and adherence to Agency policy and procedures. Will establish and monitor communication between the advisories and the Agency Board of Directors, and insure that the Advisories have a voice in the Agency’s strategic plan.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- BS degree and/or five (5) years of actual work experience in community organizing or social work.
- At least three (3) years of community organizing experience.
- Ability to relate to people of all socio-economic backgrounds.
- At least three to five (3-5) years supervisory experience.
- Ability to problem solve and work independently.
- Ability to represent the Agency professionally and respectfully.
- Knowledge of Federal/State programs for low income families.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Complete and submit with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also complete the following forms and submit with completed application: