2017-18 Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency (MVCAA) will be accepting applications for the 2017-2018 Home Energy Assistance Program, known as HEAP, at its Rome & Utica locations through December and at five locations in western and northern Oneida County. Regular application dates for the program start November 13, 2017 through March 15, 2018. Emergency applications start January 2 and end March 15, 2018.
Those interested should call and make an appointment at MVCAA in Rome located at 203 Liberty Street or call (315) 624-9930. In Utica, people applying for this program are encouraged to visit 1100 Miller St. or call (315) 624-9930. Both offices are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4 pm.
Outreach sessions will accept REGULAR applications on the following dates & locations:
- Boonville Town Hall: 1:00 to 6:00 pm on November 14th and Dec. 5th
- North Bay Town Hall: 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm on Nov. 15th and Dec. 6th
- Camden Town Hall: 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm on Nov. 14th and Dec. 5th from 1:00 pm to 6pm
- Oriskany Municipal Building: 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm on Nov. 16th and Dec. 7th
- Oriskany Falls Village Hall: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm on Nov. 16th and Dec. 8th from 12 pm – 4 pm
- Remsen Village Hall: 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm on Nov. 15th and Dec. 6th
HEAP assists eligible households with heating costs, along with heat-related utility costs and repairs or replacements of applicant-owned heating equipment. Most households receiving Temporary Assistance or Food Stamps will automatically receive HEAP payments and only need to apply if their payment is not received or in the event of an emergency.
Eligibility for benefits is based on gross income and household size.
|HOUSEHOLD SIZE||MAXIMUM GROSS MONTHLY INCOME|